Red Nose Day 2021!Posted on: 19/03/2021
We joined the country in celebrating ‘Red Nose Day’ on Friday 19th March. A great opportunity to get back into familiar routines at HDS; have some fun, create some laughter, help others, and raise money to support people living incredibly tough lives.
Adopting the Comic Relief mantra ‘We need the power of funny to turn laughs into lasting change’, students and staff spent the day wearing red and took part in various fund raising activities. The HDS community were given a target of raising £850 with the promise of ‘gunging’ Mr Marshall, our headteacher! We smashed the target raising a brilliant £1,062 in total, and it is safe to say the fluorescent pink gunge certainly completed Mr Marshall’s outfit for the day!
Students, staff and parents shared some of their favourite jokes, provoking some amusing moments as they were read during tutor time. To brighten your day, here are some of the ‘worst’!
- ‘Why did the banana go to the doctors? Because he wasn’t peeling very well!’
- ‘Why did the man refuse to buy free-range chickens? Because he didn’t know where they had been.’
- ‘What did the left eye say to the right eye? Between you and me, something smells!’
- ‘What do you call the wife of a hippie? Mississippi.’
- ‘Why aren’t koalas actual bears? They don’t have the koalafications.’