The Curriculum at Humphry Davy School
Humphry Davy School is an inspiring and vibrant place for learning where we aspire to excellence in everything we do and seek to maximise the life chances of all members of our student community.
We commit to developing, and maintaining, an outstanding and diverse curriculum which aspires to respond to the local and national agenda both intelligently and creatively to ensure that all of our students receive a high quality learning experience at all times.
We believe whole heartedly that in order for students to access a rich, broad and balanced curriculum and to be successful in their future lives all students need to be confident and proficient in the basic skills of reading, writing, communication and mathematics; and the development of these skills is of the highest priority at all times.
Finally we consider it critical that equal opportunities are promoted and realised at all levels of curriculum provision and this is integral to outstanding practice. Our curriculum is one which celebrates inclusion throughout and we firmly believe that our diversity as a school ultimately enriches and enhances our curriculum for the benefit of all.
Humphry Davy School Core Principles
- Value, trust and respect each member of our community and work together co-operatively.
- Develop each student’s full academic, creative, physical and personal potential, regardless of background and overcoming any barriers to learning.
- Develop the knowledge, skills and attributes each student needs to lead a successful and happy life.
- Support students to become independent, confident, considerate and responsible young people who make a positive contribution to society.
- For all to understand the importance of a fairer and environmentally sustainable world and be empowered to make ethical and sustainable contributions to local, national and global prosperity.
Our curriculum needs to deliver our core principles and prepare our students for life beyond secondary school. To this end our curriculum is designed to develop successful learners and confident considerate young people.
For all other enquiries regarding the school's curriculum please contact:
Mr G Armstrong, Deputy Headteacher