Thank you for visiting our website.
The closing date for September 2021 applications is 31st October 2020. If you require any assistance or further information, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01736 363559.
If you are still undecided, would like more information, wish to visit the school or meet the Headteacher for a personal tour of the school, please call reception on 01736 363559 or contact the Headteacher's PA Mrs. Hopkins on 01736 352124. We would be happy to arrange this for you.
Our Admissions Policy is available to view at the bottom of this page.
We look forward to receiving your application, thank you for taking the time to apply.
Apply for Your Child's Place at Humphry Davy School
Transferring to Humphry Davy School
We have fourteen partner primary schools which form part of the designated area of the school: Alverton, Germoe, Gulval, Heamoor, Ludgvan, Marazion, Mousehole, Newlyn, Pensans, St Hilary, St Maddern’s CE, St Mary’s CE, St Mary’s Catholic and Trythall. However, we also welcome pupils from a wider range of primary schools to join us at Humphry Davy School.
Good links have been established over the years. We also admit students from other schools at parental request. Opportunities for primary school pupils and staff to be involved in events at Humphry Davy School are regularly sought and there is feedback to the primary schools on how well their past pupils have settled in.
Our School is dedicated to the smooth transfer of pupils from Primary School and we are constantly looking to improve the quality of what is already a very good process. This enables all new pupils and parents to feel they are familiar with the School before the first day.
In addition to ongoing school liaison, as part of the transition process Year 6 students can expect:
- Pupils have the opportunity to spend a whole day at Humphry Davy School, taking part in lessons and extra-curricular activities.
- Parents and pupils can visit all departments of the school during an 'Open Evening'.
- Pupils also have the opportunity to attend a Year 6 'Super Saturday', and join in with many exciting activities in the school.
- On hearing the offer of your place, you will be contacted to ensure all necessary details are shared to plan for a successful transition.
- The Assistant Headteacher responsible for Transition visits Primary Schools to talk to the new intake and to exchange information with the Year 6 tutors to enable effective progression and continuity of learning.
- New pupils spend the whole day in school as a form group, taking some lessons.
- Our new intake evening provides an opportunity for pupils and parents to visit the School where they can meet House Leaders and other senior staff.
- For the start of term we hold a Year 7 'Meet The Mentor' evening for all parents, carers and Year 7 students, a Year 7 Performance Evening for a musical celebration, and all Year 7 are invited to attend Year 7 Residential Camp.
Application Form for Changing Schools In-Year
The application form for changing schools in-year is now an online form available at www.cornwall.gov.uk/changingschools. This can be completed on smartphones, tablets or computers.
If You Live Outside of Cornwall
You should only apply via Cornwall Council if you live in Cornwall. If you live in another authority’s area you should apply to your home authority, even if one (or more) of your preferred schools is in Cornwall.
If you have any queries about any of the information above, please contact the Admissions and Transport (Policy) Team on 0300 1234 101 or e-mail email@example.com
|Health, Safety and Security Regulations||15th Jan 2020||Download|
|Home School Agreement||15th Jan 2020||Download|
|ICT Acceptable Use Agreement||15th Jan 2020||Download|
|Parental Consent for Local Off Site Activities||15th Jan 2020||Download|
|Parentmail and Show my Homework||15th Jan 2020||Download|
|Privacy Notice||15th Jan 2020||Download|
|School Uniform||15th Jan 2020||Download|
|Guidance Notes on Parental Responsibility||15th Jan 2020||Download|
|Image Consent||20th Jan 2020||Download|