Report Safeguarding Concerns

What is a Safeguarding Concern?

Examples of safeguarding issues include bullying, radicalisation, sexual exploitation, grooming, incidents of self-harm, forced marriage, and FGM.

The protection and safeguarding of children is a key priority for all schools. We have a Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy, and we consistently ensure procedures are in place to ensure that child protection issues are dealt with efficiently, effectively and appropriately. School staff receive regular training with regard to child protection and safeguarding, which enables us to deal with arising issues in a sensitive and supportive manner.

We want students and parent/carers to feel confident about what to do when they face worrying events, opinions and behaviours. There are a few different ways you can report concerns, and it is important to ensure that any concerns are reported at the right level. Please look at your options below:

How to Report Safeguarding Concerns

Student support worker report button

If you have been a victim of bullying, or have witnessed bullying and would like to report it, then our Student Support Workers will be able to help with this. You can report personally in school, but if you find it difficult to talk about your issue face to face, then click the link above and complete the form to let a Student Support Worker know.

Safeguarding Team report button

If you have a concern about a your safety or the safety of another child, then the school’s Safeguarding Team will be able to support you with this. Report at this level if you’re worried about your physical safety, radicalisation, equality issues, sexual exploitation, grooming, incidents of self-harm, forced marriage, or FGM. You can of course talk directly to a member of the Safeguarding Team in school (see poster below for who to contact), but we understand that these issues can often be difficult to talk about, so if you would rather report online use the link above and complete the form to let the Safeguarding Team know.

Reports made via this form are reviewed only on weekdays and during office hours within school term times. If you require urgent action out of term times then please report directly to the Police by phoning: 101 or emailing:

Ceop report button

If you feel that you have suffered serious abuse through technological resources (like internet chat rooms or mobile phones) outside of school, then you can report directly to the Child Exploitation Online Protection Centre(CEOP). CEOP (part of the National Crime Agency) deal with very serious incidents of abuse, and your report would likely be passed on to the police. The school will not be made aware of your report unless CEOP require our input into their investigation.

We have a designated Child Protection Team who are trained to deal with serious child protection issues.  If students have a concern that they feel is too serious to deal with through their mentor, they should contact one of these staff members directly.

Safeguarding Poster   Amended feb 2022

Back to Top