National Apprenticeship WeekPosted on: 08/02/2021
What is National Apprenticeship Week?
NAW is a celebration on how apprenticeships are a great pathway to career success and a good alternative to full time College and University as well as retraining or 'upskilling' adults who are already in work.
Apprenticeships provide a fantastic opportunity to work with a local employer to gain real and valuable work experience along with the theory to develop employability skills and prospects for the future.
The theme for National Apprenticeship Week 2021 is ‘Build the Future’ and aims for everyone to consider how apprenticeships can help individuals and employers to build a workforce with the right skills and knowledge to achieve a rewarding career.
How to get involved
Visit the Truro and Penwith College and Cornwall College social media pages every day this week to get involved in their virtual events!
Want to know more?
Read the information in the attached booklet and contact our careers advisor, Mrs Richards for more information! She can be contacted via email@example.com and remember to email her from your school email address (which you can access from the bottom of the school's web page).
Live events this week:
- All week - Apprenticeship online video and quiz - via Satchel:One for Years 7 - 9
- Tuesday - Qualifications Q & A - with Penwith College for Year 11
- Wednesday - Understanding the IB - with Truro College for year 11
- Thursday - Apprenticeships - with ASK for year 11
- Friday - Apprenticeships with Cornwall College for Year 10