BTEC First Award in Health & Social Care
The Edexcel BTEC First Award in Health and Social Care has been developed to provide an engaging introduction to the sector. It has been designed primarily for young people who may wish to explore a vocational route throughout Key Stage 4, but it is also suitable for other learners who want a vocationally focused introduction to this area of study. It has been developed to:
● give learners the opportunity to gain a broad understanding and knowledge of the health and social care sector
● give learners a more focused understanding of health and social care through the selection of optional specialist units
● give learners the opportunity to develop a range of personal skills and techniques, through the selection of units that are essential for successful performance in working life
● give opportunities for learners to achieve a nationally recognised level 1 health and social care qualification
● support progression into a more specialised vocational or academic course or into an apprenticeship.
The Edexcel BTEC First Award in Health and Social Care provides an engaging, robust, broad-based introduction to the sector. It presents knowledge, skills and understanding in a meaningful work-related context, to allow learners to understand theory and application.
|Edexcel First Award in Health & Social Care||GLH||Assessment|
|Core Unit 1: Human Lifespan Development||30||External|
|Core Unit 2: Health & Social Care Values||30||External|
|Optional Unit 3: Effective Communication in Health & Social Care||30||Internal|
|Optional Unit 6: The Impact of Nutrition On Heath and Wellbeing||30||Internal|